Thursday, April 22, 2010

Tie-dyed dreams...


As I lay in bed last night it hit me! A springtime trend that I can actually wear (and not look like a giant, ill mother-to-be in). Bright graphic patterns with an almost digital look swept the runways for the spring 2010 season. And I almost forgot about it!? Seen at Proenza Schouler, Erdem and Versace this look takes florals, tie-dye and stripes to a new level with wacky neon contrasts and modern art influences.

How to wear this look (compliments of Flare.com):
The bolder the better. One statement piece, such as a long sleeved tee or dress, should hold the weight of your graphic pattern of choice. Wear with a vibrant colour and simple accessories. For those with designs on the next generation and an eye for experimentation, try pairing a sleek top and flowing skirt in competing but complementary hues.

Now this is a look I can rock! It almost screams my name, actually! And so the hunt for bright patterns begins. (wish me luck)

JP

No comments:

Post a Comment