Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Spring Rant

Well, after my third shopping trip this week I have come home empty-handed once again. Don't get me wrong, the fashions this spring are fabulous and refreshing but not one look works well for me.

-Take the oversized shirt trend. People with a little fat around the edges are not meant to wear this. It just looks like I have to buy oversized clothes to hide what lard may be lurking underneath.
-Shirts with an empire waist. If you aren't stick thin, you look like you are with-child. And lord knows it is every un-pregnant womans nightmare to be asked how far along she is.
-Capped sleeves. Don't even get me started on capped sleeves. This is the most unforgiving of all the sleeves. You might as well tattoo FAT right to my arm.
-And finally, the neutral tones of the season. LOVE. Actually I couldn't love them any more. However for someone without an ounce of colour in her skin, these fabrics not only dull me out, but make me look like I am ill.

All in all,I need summer to come immediatly because I have nothing to wear and I would rather walk around nude than have to wear some crappy clothes from last year. (At least I would fit into the neutral tones trend this way, I guess.)

JP

No comments:

Post a Comment