Monday, May 10, 2010

Lilith Fair 2010


From 1997 through 1999, Lilith Fair was one of the highest grossing touring festivals in the world, with over 1.5 million fans in attendance and raising over $10 million dollars for national and local charities. Founded by Grammy-award winning artist Sarah McLachlan, Lilith Fair was the only tour of its kind—a celebration of women in music featuring artists like Sheryl Crow, Christina Aguilera, Erykah Badu, The Dixie Chicks, Missy Elliot, The Pretenders, Nelly Furtado, Jewel, Queen Latifah, Indigo Girls, Tegan and Sara and of course, Sarah McLachlan.

I was super excited to see that Lilith Fair was going on in Toronto this summer, but when I looked at the artist listings, meh, I wasn't blown away. Chantal Kreviazuk, Sara McLachlan and Mary J. Blige are the most exciting artists I'd say. Others like Kelly Clarkson and Lights do nothing for me. I will probably still go though. Just to support the ladies of music. Go ladies of music!

JE

No comments:

Post a Comment